Thursday, 16 June 2011

Professional Indemnity Insurance why do I need it?

If you are advising clients in any field you should think about purchasing a Professional Indemnity Insurance policy. In some cases such as Insurance Brokers and Solicitors the cover is compulsory and therefore must be purchased prior to trading.

There are two types of Professional indemnity insurance policies sold.

"Any One Claim" and "Aggregated" these are defined as:

If the limit is ‘any one claim’ this means that the most that the insurer will pay out per claim is the limit specified. You could have several claims in the same policy period and whilst each would be subject to the specified limit there would be no overall limit.
If the policy is on an ‘aggregate’ basis then the limit is the maximum that will paid out in the policy period irrespective of the number of claims you may have.
Limits of professional indemnity insurance differ according to each and every trade, and sometimes the difference between the lowest levels is not that much.

Cover is available for:

Professional negligence, such as making a mistake in a piece of work for a client, or giving them poor advice
Unintentional breach of confidentiality and or copyright
Loss of documents or data
Defamation and libel

Examples of companies that need this cover are:

Insurance Brokers
Designers, Internet & Graphic
Estate Agents
Lettings Agencies
Town planners
Independant Financial Advisors
Health and Safety consultants
Chartered Surveyors
Construction companies
First Aiders
Acoustic consultants
Fire & Security Consultants
SEO Marketing Consultants
Mortgage Brokers

Source: Dave Burn who is an insurance broker

Looking for Professional indemnity Insurance? Take a visit to the jml insurance website and see the advertisement pages for Professional indemnity Insurance companies;

1 comment:

professional indemnity said...

Wow, Fantastic Blog, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good,I’ve learned a lot from your blog here, Keep on going, my friend, I will keep an eye on it.

professional indemnity