Friday, 16 September 2011

Do you have problems in getting Flood Insurance Cover?

Neil Cook an experienced Insurance Broker has just sent this through for the jml Insurance blog.

Following the floods in Chipping Campden in July 2007, which affected both our house and holiday-let cottage in Park Road, we changed our insurers to NFU, who offered us very reasonable terms.

We have recently sold the cottage and were amazed to discover that the purchasers were declined flood cover by the NFU and were unable to obtain it elsewhere either. Since then, I have realised that a number of other property owners in and around Chipping Campden have a similar problem.

I am pleased to announce that I have managed to find a number of brokers who specialise in providing cover for flood-affected properties. One in particular that I would recommend is Neil Cook,

If you were affected by the floods and have difficulty in obtaining insurance cover on reasonable terms, I suggest that you contact Neil Cook, giving him details of your circumstances and the measures, if any, that you have taken to prevent a recurrence. The Note from the Town Council which appears in this month’s Bulletin may also help you to obtain more favourable terms, as it lists the various remedial actions which have already been taken or are still due to be taken in this financial year. Copies can be obtained in The Old Police Station either from the Town Clerk’s office or from The Jola Glass Studio.

Contact Neil Cook by Clicking Here

No comments: