Monday, 18 October 2010

Insurance 4 half term holidays

We are now in mid October and despite announcements of Government spending cuts in the UK this week, life still goes on.

Many people will be taking half term holidays in the next few days and as the last days of summer have now gone and colder weather unfortunately on its way are heading off to hotter destinations for a short break that will take them through to Halloween. Some people of course prefer a city break.

So if you are off to the Algarve or Amsterdam make sure that you have proper insurance. As a lot of people now make their travel arrangements You will need Travel Insurance. Holiday delayed? Missed departure? Lost your passport? Personal money stolen? Catastrophe, fire, flood, earthquake or storm, Medical Emergency, Hospital, Emergency Dental Treatment, Legal Advice, Mugging etc are just some of the reasons to do this. You will need to check carefully what is covered and not covered when you buy Travel Insurance.

You can now also buy Financial Failure Insurance, Pre-existing medical Travel Insurance, Kidnap & Ransom Insurance, Ski and winter sports insurance and Emergency Medical Travel Insurance. The over 50s age group are not forgotten either and with more and more people who have finished their working career, but have a good disposable income taking a break it is essential that they too have the appropriate cover.

The jml Insurance site has a lot of insurance companies advertising their products. You make the arrangements direct with the provider on line. Companies include Direct Travel, Essential Travel, Endsleigh, Staysure, Simple, Primary, insureme4, JS Insurance, Travel insurance Medical, Travelplan Direct, Protect my Holiday Home, Kinsure and Equity and General Insurance Services.

Find out more Here

When you take your break, you will often hire a car. When you rent a car you need to insure the excess on your hire car with a daily insurance policy daily policy from around £1.94 per day or with an economical annual policy from around £40.00 a year. Do you know that it could cost you £500) or more for any damage to your rental car? This is even if it is not not your fault.

When you rent a car, you will find that your car rental agreement normally includes cover for Collision Damage Waiver - CDW (damage to the rental vehicle) and Theft. There is almost always an excess on the Collision Damage Waiver and Theft.

You are however still liable for the Excess on CDW and Theft. When a rental car is damaged or stolen, the driver is asked to pay the first portion of the repair or replacement costs. This is known as the Excess.

You can of course do this via the car hire company; however it will normally cost you a lot more money to do this that way. The easiest way is to buy your “excess insurance” in advance. If you are taking several holidays (or business trips) in a year, the cheaper way is to buy an annual policy and prices start around £40 per year for European cover.

The website has a very good selection of car hire, motorhome hire and van hire excess insurance companies who advertise on the site. You make arrangements direct and what is more several of them offer insurance for “older drivers” up to the age of 85 years old.

Companies advertising include Essential Travel, Insurance4carhire, iCarhireinsurance, Questor, Daily Excess, Odyssey and insuremyvanhire..

Find out more Here

Have a great Half term holiday break

No comments: