Sunday, 30 November 2008

Why do I need Let Property Household Insurance?

Most standard household insurance policies will not protect let property. Shifts in legislation require landlords to be more aware of the risks, particularly with regard to public liability and appliance safety.

The following are the main risks covered:

  • Fire, lightning, explosion
  • Riot, civil commotion
  • Collision
  • Storm, flood, Escape of water
  • Malicious damage
  • Subsidence
  • Theft
  • Falling radio TV aerials etc
  • Falling trees
  • Accidental damage to mirrors and glass
  • Loss of metered water
  • Loss of rent following an insured event
  • Damage for which a tenant is legally liable
  • Public liability insurance

Fact: The majority of Uk landlords are exposed to unnecessary risk... ARE YOU?

Fact: Landlords need to manage risks and costs and if cost management is your priority.....WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT?

Fact: 62% of claims occur when a property is unoccupied.... IS YOUR PROPERTY INSURED?

Fact: The average time it takes to deal with an emergency without Landlords Emergency Assistance cover is 48hrs.... ARE YOU COVERED?

Fact: 85% of private UK Landlords have mortgages supporting their investment. The interest still has to be paid, even when the rent isn't.....ARE YOU COVERED?

Fact: Evicting tenants is a very difficult, emotional and expensive processs....DO YOU HAVE LANDLORDS LEGAL EXPENSES INSURANCE?

Not having Landlords insurance is rather like riding a bike downhill without brakes!

No comments: