Wednesday, 12 August 2009

Protect your possessions and your deposit!

That was the headline on the email flyer I received from HomeLet a couple of days ago. The flyer is for tenants who should take out insurance when they rent a property.

Believe it or not I understand that a lot don’t and if the rental property was broken into then the tenant and his / her housemates could be in for a lot expenditure replacing personal belongings.

Insurance providers like HomeLet know that accidents can happen that's why according to the flyer their cover provides tenants with protection for their possessions and also for accidental damage to the landlord's fixtures, fittings and furnishings for up to £2,500.

The flyer says HomeLet Tenant's Contents insurance + could cost a tenant £9.83 a month for cover of up to £5,000. However if a tenant needs even more protection then it could cost as little as £11.93 a month for cover worth up to £10,000.

According to the flyer, they can also provide additional cover to protect specified items like a digital camera, iPod or handbag, so whether something unexpected happens to them in your new home or whilst you're out and about, you're still covered. Theye also offer cover for pedal cycles worth over £200.

Naturally you should check this out as information on blogs can often change from day to day or be inaccurate.

jml- acts as introducer agents for tenant insurance providers like HomeLet, Letsure, Endsleigh Rentguard and Rentshied Direct.. You can access all these providers from the web site page here.

No comments: