Well if you didn't they do and what is more it is designed for a second house, flat, cottage or apartment.
Many people will be off to their holiday home rental this weekend. Is it adequately insured?
According to the information just received, Staysure says "Did you know that standard home insurance won’t cover your holiday home if it’s empty for more than 30 consecutive days?
What’s more, most policies won’t even protect you against liability claims should someone staying in your home injure themselves.
But don’t worry! Staysure offers extra protection for Holiday Home Owners to give you peace of mind.
What extra protection do they provide?
- Buildings and contents, even when your home is left empty for more than 30 days (your home cannot be occupied for more than four consecutive months*)
- Legal liability of up to £5 million, essential if you’re letting your home to holidaymakers
- Emergency travel costs should you need to travel to your holiday home
- Replacement locks if your keys are stolen or lost
- Garden furniture and barbecues
- 24-hour Emergency Helpline, Home Assistance and a designated claims handler
If you have a property in France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, Southern Cyprus, Bulgaria**, UK or Ireland then we should be able to cover you. For more information or to get a quote, visit them online and find out their terms and conditions.Source Staysure Insurance
Find out more about Staysure the over 50's experts range of products including Health insurance, Travel Insurance, Holiday Homes insurance, Home insurance, Private Health insurance and Motor insurance Staysure Holidays and it is well worth visiting.